Directing Effect of Substituents in Monosubstituted Benzene
When monosubstituted benzene is subjected to further substitution, all the three possible disubstituted products are not formed in equal amounts but, either ortho and para products or meta product is formed predominantly. In fact, the disubstituted product formed by further substitution of monosubstituted benzene depends upon the nature of the substituent already attached to the benzene ring, but not on the nature of the entering group. Thus, the substituent already present in the benzene ring directs the new incoming group to a definite position of the benzene ring. This behavior of the substituents is called the directive influence or directing effect of the substituents.
Download complete pdf notes of Directing Effect of Substituents in Monosubstituted Benzene from the following link-
Important Tips for Preparation of NEET/IIT-JEE
- Select a good mentor for all the subjects. Several educational channels and the best mentors of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are available on YouTube for free. You may follow one of them for all the subjects rather than wandering here and there.
- Centralize your study to the NCERT books and one reference book each for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Don’t follow too many books otherwise, you would not be able to complete your syllabus. Always remember, different books differ being only nineteen or twenty in text quality, but never differ of being nineteen and twenty-five.
- Follow quality notes of a good mentor for all the subjects. Don’t run behind the brand, but run behind the concise and effective notes of your mentor.
- Make your own capsule notes for revision.
- Maintain consistency and regularity in your preparation.
- Revise the prepared topics regularly. Always remember, revision is not a waste of time but it makes you perfect. Always keep in mind that, “Revision is division” i.e. Revision improves your marks and ultimately your rank in the final selection.
- Solve practice problems and previous year’s papers in the specified time frame. It would help you to finish your paper timely in the final examination.
- Always be confident in your preparation but never be overconfident. Always read the question carefully and then answer. You usually make mistakes in overconfidence and it has to be reduced.
Important Reference Books
(1) Physics- (1) Concept of Physics by H.C. Verma
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Physics
(2) Chemistry- (1) Dr. O.P. Tandon (GRB Publication)
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Chemistry
(3) Biology- (1) Biology by Trueman
(2) Modern’s abc of Objective Biology
Download pdf notes of chemistry for IIT-JEE/NEET from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 9 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 10 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 11 from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 12 (English Medium) from the following link-
Download pdf notes of chemistry for Class 12 (Hindi Medium) from the following link-
About Shailendra Shukla Sir
By profession, Shailendra Shukla Sir is a senior executive officer in a very reputed power generation company. He has been a professional teacher of competitive chemistry for a long time and his sole aim is to provide quality guidance to the aspirants of UPSC, State PSCs, IIT-JEE, AIIMS, NEET, and Academic examinations, especially to those who belong to the economically vulnerable class of society and cannot afford heavy tuition fees of professional institutions.
For Video lectures and Live Classes of Shailendra Shukla sir visit “Exacademy” youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPxVWdS2VBCN8YZ7Xaqnlg
For pdf notes, video lectures, and online tests Download the “Exacademy” Mobile App. Click Here for download-
You may also follow Shailendra Shukla Sir on the “Exacademy” and “Chemistry for Competitions” telegram channels and the “Exacademy” Facebook group.
The link for the “Exacademy” Facebook group is here-